Saturday 27 September 2008

Leake Street and London Tattoo Convention





Since I spent the better half of yesterday in bed sleeping and relaxing in an empty flat (it was wonderful) I figured I should get out and do something today.  Lindsay and I went to a tunnel on Leake Street near the Waterloo station where graffiti isn't illegal to do.  It was kind of neat to see the people doing their artwork.  I wonder how often they go and who decides what can get painted over and when.  Apparently Banksy has put his mark there somewhere.  We think we saw it but I don't know.  I didn't get any great shots but I am putting up a couple that I like.  
After Leake Street we went our separate ways Lindsay having no desire whatsoever to go to a tattoo convention.  So she traveled on to Camden and me to Tobacco Dock where the convention was.  I was there for about 4 hours.  Needless to say I am going back tomorrow in the hopes of actually getting a tattoo.  I saw a few pretty famous guys there (like Joe Capobianco).  I wish that Tiffany was there so we could talk about it and everything there is to see.  It wasn't quite like I thought it would be but there were definitely a few characters to say the least.  

No comments: